Writing a good assignment is no child’s play. It requires complete hard work, dedication and focuses to complete an assignment that can fetch you good grades. In this world of Facebook comments and Twitter where people express their views and opinions in less than 140 words or so, the art of writing is surely dying out. When you write an assignment, it demands a very different style of writing than the one we follow on social media. In order to score high grades in your academic assignment writing, you need to follow a good prose style of writing.
Students who belong to the social science and humanities department are obviously expected to follow an advanced prose style of writing than the ones who are in the technical disciplines like in medicine and business. But at the end of the day getting used to a good writing style is not harmful.
How to Write a Good Custom Assignment?
No matter which field you belong from here are a few important tips that you should keep in your mind while writing your assignment.
1. Thorough Understanding Of The Topic Is Needed: No matter how well you have written your assignment if the content within is not good enough then there’s no point writing one. You cannot just write anything you want and expect to get good marks just because you’re writing style is on point. A good assignment needs to have a strong content in it which should be written in a good prose style. Such assignments can hike your grades up to notches. Therefore, it’s important for you to understand and research the topic well before you start writing about it otherwise, it’s of no use.
2. Use Your Words Write: When you write an assignment you need to keep a check on the words you use. This is because each word has a different linguistic usage. A word which may fit just right with a sentence may not go well with another sentence even if both the words have the same meaning. In order to use the words correctly, you need to understand that you have to use them in the right context. Two words with the same meaning may or may not be appropriate for a given context. To decide on the usage of the right word, you need to understand its literal meaning.
3. Follow A Simple Yet Impressive Writing Style: Words that are chosen carefully and are correctly placed forms the best of sentences. Use of such sentences in your piece of writing sets the tone for the entire essay and also keeps the reader hooked on to your writing.
4. Keep The Usage Of Technical Jargons In Check: Almost every discipline demands the usage of a good amount of technical terms that are particular to the discipline itself. Like for example, a student of psychology is likely to use terms such as ‘penis envy’, ‘phallocentric’, etc. which may not make any sense to people who do not study psychology. Usage of such technical terms in limit is just fine until and unless a student going overboard with it.
5. Use Short Paragraphs: Dividing the essay into small paragraphs not only makes it easier for the readers to read the essay conveniently but it also helps the writer to divide the central idea into several sub-topics. The division of paragraphs should appear effortless and should contain one particular point of argument only. And also make sure that the flow of information from paragraph to paragraph is in sync otherwise, it wouldn’t make any sense.
6. Always Copy-Edit And Proof-Check: A good assignment should be free of any errors. Therefore, you should always proof-check and copy-edit your assignment before submitting it. While copy-editing involves the removal of unnecessary portions, proof-reading deals with the detection of grammatical and spelling errors. Even the best of the writers go for proof-reading and copy-editing. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any demand of copy editors and proofreaders by the publishing houses.
Follow these simple tips irrespective of your discipline and you will no longer have to worry about submitting a good piece of writing in your college or university.